Low Sodium Pancakes
- Ready In:
6 5 in pancakes
- Beat egg in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour small amounts onto a flat griddle. I like to make them about 5 inches in diameter.
- Cook until light golden brown depending on your heat setting and top with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter(it's no salt).
- I use pure maple syrup because of the whole no salt thing. They also make flavored syrup that is incredible that has no salt. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are great, but, there is sodium in the egg also, not just the milk as the original poster of the recipe had stated. Eggs contain aprox. 63 mg of sodium per large egg. <br/>But this is a good recipe and it's horrifying to see how much sodium is in regular pancake and waffle mixes. Thanks for this recipe.
A low Sodium diet is great for people with Kidney disease. However, many "low sodium" recipes simply substitute a potassium product for sodium - in this case potassium bicarbonate for sodium bicarbonate. Yet Potassium is just as great a risk for people with compromised kidneys as sodium - the impaired kidneys cannot filter it out of the blood.