Wilted Greens With Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar
- Ready In:
- 10 cups swiss chard (or use your own personal favourite)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Cut the greens into strips 1 inch wide.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the greens and using tongs, toss them until they are wilted but still retain their bright colour, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to taste and toss well.
- Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>