- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in spicy sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco(TM)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos corn chips (R)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Nutrition Information.
- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 719 cal Total Fat: 37.1 g Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 2427 mg Carbohydrates: 64 g Fiber: 13.7 g
- Protein: 37.3 g.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am SAHM to zoe5, Owen 2 and soon to be Liam in october. I love cooking for my family. When I was growing up, I remember home cooked meals and a clean house the best. That is what I am trying to pass down to my kids. I always love to expierment with new ideas.