Wild Rice With Butternut Squash, Leeks, and Corn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice (about 9 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 3 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (from 11/2-pound squash)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen white corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Rinse rice in strainer under cold water; drain. Bring 6 cups water and 2 teaspoons coarse salt to boil in large saucepan. Add rice; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until rice grains begin to split and are tender but still slightly chewy, about 45 minutes. Drain. Spread on rimmed baking sheet to cool. Transfer to bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Oil rimmed baking sheet. Toss squash cubes and 3 tablespoons oil in medium bowl. Spread squash in single layer on prepared sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast just until tender but firm enough to hold shape, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Transfer squash to bowl. Cool.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and 3/4 cup water; simmer until leeks are tender, about 7 minutes. Add corn; simmer 2 minutes longer. Add rice and butternut squash; simmer until heated through and liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">