White Taco Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken or 1 1/2 cups turkey, cooked and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (2 tsp granulated)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups milk (I use 2% or whole)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- In a large soup pot, saute onion in butter until translucent.
- Toward the end of the onion's cooking time, add garlic (if you add the garlic at the beginning, you're more likely to burn it--you really just want to release the flavor). Add hot water, bouillon, and cumin. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low to stop boil. Stir in milk, cheese, creamed corn, and green chilies. Stir and heat through only until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the chilies as I didn't have any. I didn't add the cilantro as it didn't say in the directions were to add it and I forgot about it. I also added 2 cups of chicken as that is how I have it frozen. I thought the soup was a bit thin but it had a good taste to it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Ashley... I have a daughter who is 14 months old and a loving fiance. I'm here to improve my cooking skills, as I can barely manage dinner sometimes! I love to bake, though. Someday, I'll be able to cook every recipe I've saved from here... which is over a thousand. Most recipes I put up are one's I find from books or online; some are for me to remember later on. ***If you really loved a recipe, plan to make it again, and had no complaints... DON'T GIVE IT JUST 4 STARS! Give the recipe its deserved 5 stars.**** With that in mind, if you're going to post a picture of the finished meal/food you just reviewed, at least make it look appealing with better lighting! I've seen some horrible pictures that turned me away completely from making something on here, even though I'm sure the food tastes great.