photo by Denver cooks
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 45mins
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 serrano chilies, with seeds, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 lemons, sliced, plus wedges for serving
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 8 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs (about 3½ lb.)
- Whisk garlic, chiles, ginger, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, and salt in a medium bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Add lemon slices and thyme. Place marinade and chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Turn to coat, and chill at least 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 450°. Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess, and place, skin side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°, 25–30 minutes. Serve chicken with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to experiment with new recipes