- Ready In:
- 300 ml double cream
- 240 ml milk
- 120 ml caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml brandy
- 75 ml dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Gently heat the cream, milk and sugar together in a pan until just simmering.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, until very frothy.
- Once the cream mixture is hot, SLOWLY pour it into the eggs, mixing all the while.
- Add the alcohol, vanilla and nutmeg and blend.
- If it's not warm enough, sit over a very gentle bain-marie, mixing constantly, until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Serve with a little nutmeg grated on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!