Walnut Blackberry Bread
Found this in Something Extra and it sounds so good.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 6 ounces lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and divided
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries, carsely chopped (can use 1 cup frozen, thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, yogurt, egg and lemon zest in a large bowl. Stir together dry ingredients an 3/4 cup walnuts and add to bowl, stirring just until dry ingredients are incorporarted (do not over mix). Carefully fold in blackberries and spead into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- (Note Refrigerate after 2 days).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This makes a lovely bread, perfect for sharing. I had to bake mine almost 20 minutes longer, so next time I think I would reduce the temp to 325, as I used a glass dish. The crust was pretty dark, but not necessarily hard and it tasted great! Made to share on a shopping trip with friends, I will certainly make this again to share with others. Thank you for sharing, too, Deb!Reply