Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup celery root, minced
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice noodles
- 10 ounces spring roll wrappers
- Thaw out wraps (they usually come frozen at the asian supermarket) about halfway, so you can work with them.
- Combine pork with carrot, celery root, and soy sauce.
- Gently fold in the chicken stock powder.
- Cut the noodles so that you can fold them into the pork mixture.
- Combine all ingredients well with your hands.
- Assemble the rolls suing about 1 1/2 tsp of pork mixture, rolling it in the wraps like mini-burritos, being sure to do so tightly.
- Put about an inch of Canola oil in a deep 9 inch skillet. Fry the spring rolls in the oil until golden brown on all sides.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 37 year-old American living in Georgia. I'm a flight attendant. I still prefer "stewardess". <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/?action=view¤t=JFK_traffic.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/JFK_traffic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> I'm not home as often as I would like to be; but on my days off, you can nearly always find me happily buried in the kitchen. I am engaged to a wonderful man, who is an exceptional artist. Here's a taste: <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/?action=view¤t=Bunnicula_by_SPOOKYCOpng.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/Bunnicula_by_SPOOKYCOpng.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> Gives a whole new meaning to the thought of having rabbit, doesn't it? Well, he's a big fan of eating, so I decided to marry him on October 27th, 2008. <a href="http://media.photobucket.com/image/wedding%20bouquet/happyeverafterweddings/bouquet.jpg?o=81" target="_blank"><img src="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/happyeverafterweddings/bouquet.jpg"></a> We love to watch zombie movies late at night, eat banana pancakes for breakfast, and watch the sunset on the deck while I have a vodka. My darling likes to call this "Playing Russian Spy Flight Attendant". <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/?action=view¤t=399592674_113be463f8_o.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/flying%20stuff/399592674_113be463f8_o.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> My prize possessions include my collection of flight attendant wings, my great grandmother's antique star sapphire ring, my Audrey Hepburn Swarovski clutch, and my zombie doll Lenore. <a href="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/?action=view¤t=Lenore-1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/getoutofmygalley/Lenore-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>