Vietnamese Cold Noodles with Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces rice noodles (mai fun)
- 2 lbs cooked small shrimp
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup snipped chives or 1 cup green onion
- 1 cup snipped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh hot chili pepper
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 fresh red chilies, seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- (Nuoc Cham: puree these 5 ingredients to smooth. Will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge.) Cook rice sticks according to package directions.
- Drain well and rinse in cold water.
- Drain well.
- Place on a large serving platter surrounded by remaining ingredients in small bowls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
For the very first time I made this dish, this is the recipe I used. <br/><br/>Subsequently I tried looking for a different recipe but kept coming back to this one because it's probably the easiest. <br/><br/>I have made this three times now, and my family has fallen into this home-made version.<br/><br/>I don't use as much shrimps nor chili as the recipe calls for, but the flavor is still very good. <br/><br/>For it's simplicity both in the making and the flavoring and presentation, this has become a regular potluck dish for us.<br/><br/>Give it a try and enjoy!