Very Easy Chicken With Orange Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 lbs ready to cook broiler-fryer chickens, cut up (or chicken breasts, if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- In skillet with shortening, brown chicken on all sides.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add paprika.
- Arrange onion over top of chicken.
- Combine juice, brown sugar, parsley, soy, ginger and 1/4 cup of water; pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, 35-50 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I pretty much cut this recipe down to serve 2 by using 2 large chicken breasts. However, that was the only ingredient I reduced, so we had plenty of sauce for both chicken & the brown rice served with it! Very nice recipe & one worth keeping! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like to find recipes that are great tasting but aren't too complicated. I love using the crock pot and finding comfort foods that are do-able. I have found some great recipes in The Complete Crockpot Cookbook by Wendy Louise and in Best of the Best from Louisiana.