Versatile Basic Mince/Groundbeef
- Ready In:
- 500 g lean ground beef (mince)
- 100 g lean bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 1 cup beef stock (I use 2teasp dry stock in 1 cup water)
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce (or ketchup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (or more if you like a stronger taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- grated cheese, to top
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Brown the mince, bacon & onion in a non stick pan over medium high heat.
- Use a dash of oil or butter if pan is not non stick.
- Add garlic if using.
- Add stock, tomato sauce and nutmeg and simmer gently for 30mins until reduced to a sauce consistency.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Before serving stir in the cream and if liked stir in a little grated cheese or use cheese to sprinkle over once served.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY