VELVEETA® Cheesy Bacon Brunch Casserole
photo by Kraft Velveeta
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, coaresly chopped
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COOK and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat 10 minute or until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. drippings from skillet.
- ADD potatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions to reserved drippings in skillet; cook 10 minute or until peppers and onions are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in VELVEETA. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- WHISK eggs and sour cream in medium bowl until blended; stir in bacon. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- BAKE 40 minute or until center is set and casserole is heated through.
- Looking for something to serve as part of your next brunch menu? This satisfying casserole is sure to fit the bill since it makes enough for 12 servings.
Keeping it Safe:
- Always serve egg-based dishes immediately after cooking to prevent bacterial growth. Be sure to cook until the eggs are completely set. Avoid recipes which call for partially cooked or raw eggs.
- Casserole can be assembled ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 24 hours before baking as directed, increasing the baking time if needed until casserole is done.
- Substitute 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese for the cubed VELVEETA.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Strike the liquid gold mother load!