Veggie Burger Delight
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried garbanzo beans
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons green onions, cut crosswise
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Rinse, and soak the beans overnight or until they have doubled in size looking plump.
- Drain the beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the beans in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- Take the onions, parsley, garlic, cumin, salt, corianer seeds, baking soda, ground red pepper and add to the blender or food processor. Make sure to pulse it so they are only coarsely chopped.
- Empty into a bowl and stir in the flour.
- Then add chopped mushrooms, tomatoes (with no pulp), alfalfa sprouts, salt and sesame seeds with hands not mixing too much otherwise they will not hold.
- Now, with your hands, form enough to make either 4-6 patties (depends on the size you want), make sure your hands are wet as the miz will be easier to handle.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet, and cook approximately 10 minutes on each side or until brown and heat through.
- NOTE: prep time doesn't include soaking the beans overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!