photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 8 pieces rice paper
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, finely minced
- 30 g leeks, thinly sliced
- 30 g shallots, finely minced
- 10 g ginger, finely minced
- 50 g carrots, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 15 ml soy sauce (gluten free optional)
- 15 ml hot water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a small bowl, combine hot water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chia seeds. Leave to bloom for 15 minutes.
- Make the filling. Combine mushrooms, leeks, shallots, ginger, carrots, five spice, pepper, and bloomed chia seed mixture in a bowl. Fold ingredients thoroughly.
- Assemble the dumplings. One at a time, soak rice paper for about 10 seconds in a bowl of cold water or until pliable. Lay on a plate, rough side up. Scoop 40grams of the prepared filling near to one edge of the rice paper. Fold left and right edges toward the center, then from bottom to top edge.
- Steam the dumplings for 3 minutes. Brush a little sesame oil onto the perforated insert of your steamer to keep the dumplings from sticking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!