Vegan Cheese Fondue
- Ready In:
- 2 cups white wine (or 1 cup rice vinegar plus one cup water)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot or 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender.Blend for a few minutes. Ensure that the oats are ground until fine. You are aiming for a smooth consistency.
- Pour this mixture into a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes. Continue to stir until the mixture turns thick and smooth.
- Prepare the fondue pot (rub with garlic and or grease with some olive oil. Pour in the vegan fondue and keep warm in the usual fashion for fondue.
- Provide crusty bread and some veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a recipe junkie and collect way too many cookbooks. But when it's time to actually make something, I quickly turn to the internet... I started avoiding meat more than 20 years ago for environmental reasons. (It takes so many resources and the pollution risks of confinement operations are huge.) I've been vegan for years now and can report that the health benefits are also real. I really don't understand why people insist on eating meat