Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches
photo by tendollarwine
- Ready In:
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and sliced into 6 even slabs
- 6 slices vegan sausage patties, pressed thin
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegan margarine
- 6 vegan American cheese (Tofutti singles)
- 6 English muffins, toasted
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the sausage on both sides until browned. Place on a plate with paper towels to drain and keep the plate in a warmed oven.
- On another plate, combine the soy flour, garlic powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Dredge the drained tofu in the mixture and make sure all sides are evenly coated.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and in 2 batches, fry the coated tofu until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. When they are done, add to the plate of sausages in the oven to drain excess oil and to keep warm.
- Toast and butter the English muffins. Assemble the sandwiches with the sausage on the bottom, tofu in the middle, and slice of soy cheese on the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been vegan since February of 2005, and I was vegetarian for almost a year before that. I love cooking vegan food. People always ask me, "What do you eat?" or, "Doesn't being vegan make it harder to cook?" Nope! In fact, I've found that going vegan opened up a whole new world of cooking for me. I've tried ingredients I otherwise never would have heard of, and found vegan products that are even better than their non-vegan counterparts. I love creating new dishes and recipezaar has been a wealth of inspiration. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">