Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 T butter over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, fry the eggs; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the bread with the remaining butter.
- Layer the eggs, ham and cheese on half of the bread slices, then set the remaining bread slices on top.
- In the same skillet, working in batches, fry the sandwiches over the medium heat, turning once, until golden-brown, about 8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Iscaled this back for 1 sandwich which I thoroughly enjoyed. I normally make this style of sandwich in the sandwich toaster but as we are on holiday I had my first experience of doing one in the frypan, as we don't get Moneterey Jack Cheese I used a vintage cheddar and 2 slices of wholemeal/wholegrain bread. thank you Lainey6605, made for Please Review My Recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!