Toasted Sunny-Side up Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
photo by Kim127
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (or to taste) or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine (or to taste)
- 1 -2 large egg (I use 2 eggs for one sandwich)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices white bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 slice American cheese
- Toast the 2 slices of bread.
- Butter one side of one piece of toast, then on the other slice spread with mayonnaise (use any amount of butter and mayo desired).
- Place 1 slice of cheese over either the buttererd side or the mayo side.
- Heat about 1-2 tablespoon butter into a skillet over medium heat.
- Break eggs into the skillet, then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and cook eggs until cooked but leave the yolk semi-soft.
- Place the cooked egg/s over the cheese on the bread and top with the remaining slice of toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'ma lifelong fan of the fried egg sandwich,so couldn't help myself when I saw this.I used to eat these things just about every weekend,when I got in from the pub after a fun packed night out! The mayo was a new one on me,and I really liked it..making a nice change from good old Heinz ketchup. These are also great with some crisp bacon (I used to melt the cheese with some ketchup onto the bread first). You just can't go wrong with these,comforting as well as quick and easy....thanks Kit..I think I may start eating more of these,again!!
see 13 more reviews