Uncanned Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
photo by CarolAT
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan,heat butter and olive oil.
- over medium-low heat.Add the diced chicken,.
- carrot and celery;cook,stirring until the.
- chicken is nearly cooked through.Add the mushrooms and cook,stirring until mushrooms.
- are tender.
- Stir in flour until blended;add chicken broth.
- and thyme.Bring to a simmer,keep stirring.
- Cover and reduce heat to low;cook for about.
- 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste;stir in cream and heat through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This chicken and mushroom soup had a good flavor with all the veges added. However, I prefer thicker soups and this one was a bit too thin for me. When making this again, I will add more flour to thicken the soup, and the thyme was a bit too strong so I will reduce the amount added. Thanks for posting this recipe. Adopted for PAC April 2008.