Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is an excellent cookie!! Well worth the work. One of my most favorite cookie recipes. From Jim Fobel's "Old-Fashioned Baking Book". This is a rich, chewy cookie.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Evenly space 2 racks in oven.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Mix flour and baking soda.
- Beat butter about 1 minute until fluffy.
- Add sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until thick and pale, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs until just blended.
- With spoon, stir in flour mixture, then chocolate and nuts.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons dough per cookie on ungreased cookie sheets, placing 6 on each sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes (two sheets at a time) until golden brown around edges and only lightly colored on top.
- Switch sheets halfway through baking so they are cooked evenly.
- Cool on wire racks 2 to 3 minutes then move cookies to paper towels.
- Leave on towels for 5 minutes before lifting to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool sheets before reusing.
- Dough can be refrigerated a day or two or frozen.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A VERY good cookie! I enjoyed making these, the instructions are easy to follow. I didn't change anything, and I did add the walnuts. The cookies are soft and wonderful right out of the oven, and if you microwave the cold ones for 5 seconds they get soft and wonderful again! They have a great flavor. Very yummy! We will use this recipe a lot! Thanks Sharlene!!10Reply