Twice Fried Potatoes
- Ready In:
- After peeling and cutting the potato, place in a small or medium pot of cold water then bring the water to a boil. I like to use minced onion (the dried onions found in the spice aisle) in the water also. Boil until the potatoes are just tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are boiling, place 1 Tbsp butter in a pan coating the bottom of the pan. Add the onions and saute until just translucent and tender.
- Chop and cook (or cook then chop) the bacon. I would recommend not mixing the bacon and onion. When the bacon is done cooking, place on a paper towel to drain and set aside for now.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them, add remaining 3 Tbsp butter and potatoes to the pan with the onions. Cook until potatoes are slightly crunchy on the outside, but do not over-cook.
- When potatoes have about 2 minutes remaining to cook, spread them out across the bottom of the pan and cover with cheese. Put lid on pan and allow cheese to melt.
- Transfer potatoes to plate, topping with bacon and sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!