Twice Baked Potatoes
I believe this recipe came from a card from the Easy Everyday Cooking collection, but since it is still packed, I can't tell you which card. However, suffice it to say - it's GOOD!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Microwave potatoes on HIGH for 10 minutes, to speed up cooking time. This can come in handy, especially on a hot summer day. They can also be completely cooking in the microwave.
- Then, bake in oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- When done, cut 1/3 of top off each potato.
- Scoop flesh from potatoes, being careful not to pierce the sking, into a medium bowl. Reserve shells. Add cream cheese, sour cream and butter to potato flesh.
- Beat potato mixture with an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add onion salt, salt, and pepper, stir.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheddar. Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- The hard part comes into play here - ENJOY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I did it for 3 serving. I used reduced fat cream cheese, fat-free sour cream, unsalted butter. I omitted the onion salt and used only no-salt seasoning. I added fresh chives. It's always good in twice baked potatoes. I was able to filled my 3 potatoes. It's always good to have a lot. Another time I would maybe add milk cause I found that the mixture was too thick. Thanks Kayne. Made for Newest zaar tag.Reply
I scaled this back to 3 serves, cooked the potatoes in the microwave and followed directions. Our biggest problem was that it was way too rich, I would cut the butter, cream cheese and sour cream by at least half. I also could not get all the mix back in the spuds and put about a cup of mix into a ramekin and sprinkled with cheese and I did put some paprika on top the cheese on the potatoes and the ramekin potatoes as well and baked in the oven for about 20 minutes. Thank you Kayne, made for Potluck Tag November/December for the ZAAR While Hungry Party.Reply
see 1 more