Tvp Veggie Burgers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
TVP is textured vegetable protien. You can find it at most grocery stores in the health food store. Although it is cheaper if you buy it in bulk at a whole foods store.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine TVP and boiling water.
- Add ketchup, salt and herbs. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables and parsley flakes. Mix well with hands.
- Mix in gluten to make a firm mixture.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal patties. Flatten to form 4” patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry patties 8-10 minutes on each side until browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION