Turkey Stuffing Casserole
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 cups diced leftover cooked turkey
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 18 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a 13 by 9 inch glass casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the turkey, soup, and sour cream.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish and pat down evenly with back of a spoon.
- In a clean medium bowl, stir together the stuffing mix, butter, and broth. Spread evenly over the turkey mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the stuffing topping is browned and the casserole is hot and bubbly. (I like to serve cranberry sauce with this dish -- like a turkey dinner).
- (I prefer to use unsalted butter and low sodium chicken broth in this recipe).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made something similar to this in the past. I layer cut up turkey, prepared stuffing, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can green beans and shredded cheese. You can make as much or as little as you want. Plus, since everything is cooked fully, it only needs to be heated. This is helpful so you make it in advance. I have not used the sour cream version but it sounds yummy!! Thanks!!