Turkey or Chicken Cordon Blue--Weight Watchers
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 (3 ounce) skinless boneless turkey or (3 ounce) chicken breasts, cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped lean ham
- 2 (3/4 ounce) part-skim mozzarella cheese, slices (halved)
- 1⁄4 cup canned pimiento, julienned
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; spray an 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine the flour, pepper, and poultry seasoning; add turkey and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil; add the turkey and cook till lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to the baking dish.
- In the same skillet, combine mushrooms, onion, and ham; cook stirring constantly, till osftened, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon evenly over turkey; top each cutlet with a slice of cheese.
- Bake till turkey is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with pimiento strips.
- 186 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although both DH and I liked this we were not in love with it. Maybe because of the Turkey. Another reviewer loved it but had made it with chicken. I think that would be my choice of poultry if I was to prepare this again. We did love the mushrooms/onion mixture. I only had sliced ham so that is what I used. I laid the ham on top before adding the mushroom/onion mixture and finally topped it with the cheese. Thanks for posting. :)
This was outstanding! I was looking for a recipe for dinner and came across this one. All I had was a bag of the flash-frozen chicken breasts, so I wasn't hopeful that it would turn out great. But, wow, the chicken turned out moister and juicier than any chicken I've ever made! And the mushrooms, onion, and ham mixture was so tasty! A winner that I will definitely be making again. Thanks Mimi!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>