Chicken Cordon Blue Cheese
A simple but elegant sharp flavoured dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices black forest ham
- 8 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Shake-n-Bake (Original, Extra Crisp, one pouch)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- prepare your boneless skinless chicken breasts by slicing them almost in half through the side - butterflying them.
- spread them open and set aside.
- pour your milk on a plate the appropriate size for your chicken breast to sit on.
- sprinkle your shake 'n' bake mixed with pepper to taste on another plate the same size.
- place two slices of ham together neatly.
- in the center of the ham sprinkle two teaspoons of blue cheese.
- roll the ham rather tightly to avoid losing your cheese.
- place the ham in the middle of the chicken breast and close it - secure with a couple of toothpicks.
- gently place the chicken in the milk and with your hand pat the top with the milk - a gentle milk bath will secure the shake 'n' bake and keep the chicken moist.
- now gently place in the shake 'n' bake and pat crumbles on the top and sides.
- place the breasts in a baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- allow the chicken to cool for 5 minutes before removing the toothpics and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Sorry this dish fails to deliver.... The problem is the cooking time. If you cook this thing like I did, thankfully when the cheese was bubbling out of the chicken, you'll find out that 1 hour is 35 to 40 minutes too long!!! I hope the other cooks that have prepared this to check their ovens, I have a few therm's to make sure, that they may have temps that aren't right. Otherwise the taste is OK, but you must be careful of the amount of the Shake-and-Bake used as it over powers the taste quite a bit. Good luck!
We were both thrilled with this recipe. Great flavor all around and I didn't have to beat my breasts :lol:. I added more blue cheese 'cuz we love it. Next time I will reduce the cooking time as mine was starting to get dry, also. Maybe start checking at about 30 mins. Otherwise, great instructions - very easy to follow.