Tropical Grilled Tuna
Taken from the Harris Teeter website; posted for ZWT. "The salsa is hot with peppers and sweet with the pineapples." Simple and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Grill pineapple slices, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dice the pineapple; place in a bowl.
- Stir in the onion, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Brush tuna steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION