Triple Chocolate Snowquakes
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour (not self rising)
- 3⁄4 cup good quaity unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate (chips or block, broken in pieces-or use semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter until it's smooth in a large bowl with an electric mixer, on medium speed(sometimes I'm just too lazy to get out my mixer and do this by hand).
- Add the brown and white sugars and beat until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well . Reduce speed to medium low, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and mix until a soft dough forms(again, I usually do this by hand).
- Add chocolates and mix well. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside(Sometimes I just spray generously with cooking spray when I don't have parchment paper).
- Place the confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Keeping dough well chilled, form 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the confectioners' sugar to coat generously(don't shake off excess sugar).
- Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes or until they have puffed up and cracked and are slightly firm to the touch.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made these to gift to a neighbor friend who was having a handful of her grandchildren for the weekend & she was sure they'd love these neat little chocolate fixes! I know they're great, 'cause I kept a few (6, in fact) for the 2 of us & these really are outstanding in taste & satisfaction! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These are definitely 5 stars and more! A nice grown up taste in a chocolate cookie with the 3 types of chocolate. These are not overly sweet at all and have a nice full chocolate flavor. Made exactly as directed and received 48 cookies! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I'm glad I tagged you in Photo Tag in the Cooking Games with Friends forum.