Double Chocolate Snowquakes
This is a soft, delicious cookie full of wonderful chocolate flavor. Prep time is an estimate...
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar to creamed butter, beating well; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips; cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Shape 1 T dough into ball and roll in powdered sugar, repeating with each cookie.
- Bake cookies (on pan lined with parchment paper) at 350° for 10 minutes, and remove to rack to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Elegant looking cookie with very little effort. You roll them in to a ball, put them on a cookie sheet and a little oven elf forms them in to these beautiful puffy, crackly, perfectly shaped chocolate bites. A hint...make sure you completely cover in the powdered sugar even if it seems like too much. The sugar is what makes them so pretty and it doesn't make them overly sweet. Thanks for another great cookie for my Christmas baskets!