Triathlete Power Muffins
photo by Wendybird 2
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup textured soy protein granules
- 1⁄3 cup protein powder (vanilla)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sucanat or 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour through grated carrots) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (milk through egg whites).
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, add wet mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Fill greased muffin tins until almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!