Trevor's Chex Party Mix
photo by Susang
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup mini garlic bagel chips
- 1 cup cheese nip cracker
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lawrys seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place butter in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Melt in oven.
- Add all seasonings and mix WELL.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Bake 15 minutes, stir well.
- Bake another 15 minutes, stir well.
- Bake another 15 Minutes, stir well.
- Bake another 15 miutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool on paper toweling.
- Beware of poachers!
I picked this recipe mostly for the "sauce". I love how, like you said, it's not too salty. I did my own mix, however, to suit my family and what I was trying to accomplish: a healthy salty/sweet snack to keep around for my children. Here's what I put in, just in case anyone else want s to know. 4 cups Rice Chex, 2 cups wheat chex, and one cup each of multigrain cheerios, pretzels, peanuts, raisins, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips. Followed your instructions, leaving out the dried fruit and chocolate, then added those once the entire mixture was completely cooled. Needless to say, it turned out PERFECT, and now my 3 year old won't leave me alone to give him more. Thank you! PS, the whole thing fit EXACTLY perfectly in the container I had been dying to use, so if I could give you more stars just on that point, I would. ;)
Excellent party mix! My daughter and I tossed this together this morning. We used a large mixing bowl and then poured into two rectangular pans and baked as directed. We thought it needed a bit more season salt, so we sprinkled more on. I did not have bagel chips so I broke up some Triscuit crackers which works well as they stay nice and crisp. We love it so thanks for a great recipe.
see 6 more reviews
A friend of mine and I got together to make some holiday gift-basket stuff. This was a great addition to our baskets! Not only did it taste great, but looked great in mason jars added to the baskets. The only thing we did differently is to use goldfish crackers instead of cheese nips. Thanks for this keeper!