Halloween Party Mix
photo by lets.eat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (11 ounce) package pretzels
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature peanut butter filled butter flavor crackers (I use Ritz)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package M&M's
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package candy corn
- In a large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour over pretzel mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Break apart while warm.
- Cool completely.
- Toss with M&M's and candy corn.
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this as a Christmas snack for the office. Co-workers really loved it. Had several requests for recipe. DH asked me to bring any leftovers home as he enjoyed snacking on it before I bagged it. Nice taste and crunch. Doubled the recipe, omitted the candy corn and added rice/corn chex, and honey roasted peanuts. Used holiday shaped pretzels and holiday plain and peanut M&Ms. Very festive and a huge hit. Will most definitely make again.
oh yeah!! this was bad for calorie counters! But it is a keeper in my cookbook! Made this to take to work for a snack day! It was a hit with everyone.<br/>10/10/11: made this again but didn't add the mini ritz until the last 15 minutes of baking. This way the ritz didn't melt but got covered by the syrup. Still Yummy!!
see 32 more reviews