Trader Vic's Crab Rangoon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is the one used at Trader Vic's in San Francisco, Ca.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 dozen wonton wrappers
- 1 egg yolk, well beaten
- oil, for deep frying
- Chinese mustard
- Chinese red sauce
- Combine crabmeat with cream cheese, steak sauce and garlic powder in medium bowl and blend to a paste.
- Place heaping teaspoon on each won ton. Gather four corners of won ton together at top. Moisten edges with egg yolk and pinch or twist together gently to seal.
- Heat oil in wok, deep fryer or electric skillet to 375 degrees.
- Add won tons in batches and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Chinese mustard and/or red sauce for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more