photo by bonitabanana
- Ready In:
- Any hot peppers will do.
- They can either be fresh or dried.
- It tastes good both ways.
- Soften the cream cheese slightly in the microwave 15-30 seconds.
- Mix it all together.
- Spread a layer on about 3/4ths of a tortilla.
- Cover with a little lettuce.
- Roll it up.
- Drink some beer to cool your tongue afterlicking the big chunk of pepper off your finger.
- Stick them in the fridge for about an hour.
- Have a little more beer.
- Take them out and cut them into bite size pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Well Kimke this is a huge recipe!! I made about a quarter of it. We were looking for something to take to the lake to munch on with wine and beer while we lazed around for the day, these were perfect!! I added just enough heat to make it mandatory to swish some wine or beer, I used cayenne rather than pepper flakes.(Still don't know what you mean by "1 garden salsa pepper", so left it out, it was optional anyway.) I had spinach on hand so we used it, these were just excellent and for any large gathering I will certainly use them as my contribution, very easy to make and I'm sure they would go over big. Thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Omaha NE and am an audiologist at Boys Town National Research Hospital. I love to cook, as does my husband Michael. In the summer, we have a large garden and try to use alot of fresh fruits/veggies in our cooking. We have a 5 year old daughter, Kate and almost 2 year old son Sam and enjoy introducing them to new foods. One of their favorites is fresh pesto smeared on crackers!