photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- Have tortillas at room temperature.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and, with an electric mixer, combine all until well distributed.
- Spread mixture fairly thinly and evenly on tortillas to within 1/8 inch of edge.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion and wrap each tortilla in plastic film.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice in 3/4 inch rounds and arrange on serving plate.
- Serve with salsa.
- Note: tortillas will tend to dry out if rolls are unwrapped and sliced too early.
- Cook time is chilling time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are great! Tortilla pinwheels are probably my favorite appetizer, but I hadn't tried them with green onions yet - nice touch! I used fat free tortillas and low fat sour cream and cream cheese. I just had one that had chilled for about 30 minutes, and it was fabulous - but I know they will just get EVEN better! :) Thanks for sharing.
Easy & yummy. I made these to take to a last-minute work potluck. I didn't have any green onions & I added a couple of dashes of taco seasonings. That's what I love about pinwheels - so versatile! I added everything but the cheese to my mixer and then folded in the cheese. I used burrito-size tortillas, and the filling was enough for 6 tortillas. I refrigerated overnight as directed and served with salsa for dipping -- and came home with an empty plate. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am happily married to my best friend and we just bought our first house! No kids but we have 2 little dogs that we think the world of. I was born in California and although I have been on the East Coast for most of my life I am still displaced! I love the beach and hate the cold! In our free time we love to go to the beach or the mountains and hike or intertube down the lazy Shenendoah River. It is so beautiful there! I have loved to cook all of my life and will read cookbooks like they are novels! Participation & Awards: These are some of the fun games and clubs here at Zaar. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/ZWT3b.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">