Torticas De Moron (Cuban Cookies from the City of Moron)
photo by shelleychez
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and shortening thoroughly, using a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the remaining ingredients, blending with your hands.
- Form the dough into a roll about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the roll in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1/4 inch slices and place them on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- With your finger, make a small depression in the center of each cookie.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.
- Stored in a tightly covered tin, the cookies will keep for one week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!