Tortellini With Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
photo by Katanashrp
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 3/4 t. dried ground sage OR 3 t. dried crumbled sage)
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (optional, to give flavor a boost)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- If possible, use fresh sage and freshly grated Parmesan to heighten the flavor of this dish. Makes a huge difference!
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package instructions; drain. (You can start on the sauce while the tortellini is cooking).
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sage and slowly cook butter until it begins to brown. (It's okay if the sage darkens and gets crunchy).
- Remove from heat; add the hot tortellini. Stir to coat; add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss. (If you choose to add sun-dried tomatoes, add them in with the cheese, salt, and pepper before tossing.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We LOVE this dish. It is so comforting and delicious. When I come home late from work or traveling this is most often our dinner because it is so quick and simple. When making this recipe please keep in mind that the success or failure depends upon tossing the pasta with the browned butter before adding the grated parmesan, finely chopped SDT, salt and pepper. This is a perfect meal everyone should try. Thank you for sharing!