Tomato Bread (Tapas)
This is based on a recipe from The Tapas Cookbook. This serves 4 as part of a tapas meal. I haven’t yet tried this.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices French bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Spanish olive oil (optional)
- For soft bread, toast first by placing under a preheated broiler until lightly golden on both sides.
- Rub each slice of bread with half a fresh juicy tomato.
- Optionally, sprinkle chopped garlic over slices and drizzle with oil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love this recipe and we enjoyed it to complete our lunch today.<br/>It's interesting in how many variations we can find this in Mediterannean Countries. <br/>Today this is served as tapas, but not many years ago this was "the meal" using toasted "old" bread with the addition of tomatoes and olive oil, <br/>With good tomaoes and oilve oil this is excellent!
I really enjoyed this quick and easy to make bread mersaydees. I used a nice calabrese bun, which I halved, then I sliced the top and bottom off to leave the nice soft bread only. Toasted the slices a beautiful gold color. Rubbed a garlic clove over the top, then decided to add minced garlic on top of my squished tomaoto, which I then drizzled with a lovely olive oil. Forgot to mention that I did season it with coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Soooo yummy. Thanks for sharing. made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT-8 - Family Picks Round