Tomato Bacon Squares
- Ready In:
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits (use real bacon)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop pepper and onion with food processor.
- Combine first six ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Grate cheese, if necessary.
- Unroll bread dough and press into bottom of 9x13-inch baker.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch up sides of 9x13 baker to form a rim.
- Trim excess dough and discard.
- Spread dough with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with vegetable mixture and top with grated cheeses.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into 24 squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!"
Join The Conversation
NOW THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING APPETIZER/SNACK! Originally I was going to make this as an appetizer (& will, another time) but made it this first time for lunch of a different kind! Prep is so easy & the taste is really great ~ so satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]