- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb tomatillo, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium avocados, finely diced
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat broth over medium-high heat. Add tomatillos and garlic; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tomatillos are cooked through but still hold their shape, about 1 minute. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes, then carefully puree mixture in blender along with olive oil.
- Cool completely, then stir in remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
To my great astonishment, the DH liked this even more than my tomato gazpacho (I like them equally, I think)! It is a little more delicate than the tomato version (no vinegar, for example), smoother due to the chicken broth and avocado, with a lovely color and assortment of textures. Will be making this again and again, for sure! Thanks for posting! (And yes, I used the immersion blender too -- perfect use for it.)