Tofu Chicken and Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The heart healthy goodness of soy married comfort food and produced this yummy version of a classic dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base, Better than Boullion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- Dice tofu inot 1/2 inch chunks.
- Saute in oil for about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, thyme, sage and poultry seasoning. Cook together about 3 minutes.
- Empty into bowl and set bowl aside.
- Dice onion. Add onion to frying pan along with 1 T olive oil.
- Dice stalk of celery and add to onion. Saute together until the onion turns translucent.
- Add garlic to cooking onion and celery. Add the tofu to the onion and celery.
- Shred carrots and add to the mix.
- Add water and boullion to mix. Return to simmer.
- Add rice. Let simmer until rice is tender (about 25 minutes) stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION