Toffee Pop Balls
photo by kiwidutch
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 40mins
- 1 (250 g) packet ToffeePop cookies, which have been chilled in the fridge (cookies)
- 250 g cream cheese (full fat seems to works best)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- Process the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble small chunky bits of biscuit. You will have a mixture of fine crumbs and chunky bits of biscuit. If you don't have a food processor you can put these in a bag and bash with a rolling pin -very therapeutic after a hard day at work!
- Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and Baileys (if using) until well combined and creamy.
- Add the ground biscuits and combine until well mixed.
- Add coconut a little at a time until the mixture is relatively stiff. It should still feel a bit gooey as it will harden in the fridge.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge until this is firm, which should take about 2-4 hours.
- Put the remaining coconut in a bowl. Using a teaspoon, take small amounts of the biscuit mixture from the bowl and roll into balls, then roll in the coconut.
- Keep in a container in the fridge until using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Kez... I have no idea what I did wrong... the taste was yummy, no problems there, and I followed the recipe instructions to the letter. My problem: the consistancy...very very soft & sticky. They didn't even harden up in the fridge. I tested them on 19 family mambers at a party and their reviews were all over the place. The true sweet tooths voted 4 stars, others gave 3, a few said it was a little too sweet, several liked the balls but not so much the coconut coating... all said that they would have liked to see a far firmer texture. Please see my rating system since I rate fairly severly... I used the democratic process and this recipe got 3 stars. I *will* make these again... maybe roll the balls in chocolate shavings next time, maybe a little less cream cheese... a recipe worth experimenting with :) Thanks !!!