Toasted Butter Pecans
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pecan halves (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into four pieces
- Put pecans in a 1½-quart microwave-safe casserole. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and arrange the four pieces of butter evenly.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes or until pecans are crunchy.
- Stir to distribute seasoned salt and butter. Serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It never occurred to me to put seasoned salt on pecans. I've always made sweet roasted pecans. I had extra coming out of the oven for another recipe and happened to see this one in the similar group at the bottom. I really like the salty Pecan flavor. I didn't measure, but just tossed some butter and sprinkled some salt until it suited my tastes. Thanks for sharing.
These morsels are tasty! My grandma used to make these often, to keep on hand for company. I've made these pecans hundreds of times, in the oven and with regular kosher/sea salt. I've never thought to add seasoned salt, or use the microwave. The taste is good and it sure is easier and doesn't heat your kitchen up, by using the oven. I'll certainly be making these again and again - Thanks for sharing, Desert Baker. Made for TYM.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a retired NASA aerospace research engineer. I enjoy baking, reading, and knitting. I've been cooking since about 1957 and I collect cookbooks.