Tipsy Mushrooms (with Brandy)
The best choice when you want to pamper and impress your loved ones in style. Great side dish with grilled meats ..! AND the ease of preparation in just over 7-8 minutes is a DEFINITE BONUS.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (any type, I use medium sized button mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce brandy
- Slice the mushrooms into fours.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add to the pan and sauté on high heat until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully add the brandy to avoid flame ups.
- Return to the heat and cook until pan juices have slightly thickened.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Kim, my husband asked what we were going to do with the leftover shrooms we had. Translation: What am *I* going to do with them. haha I found this recipe and I only had half the mushrooms called for, but I decided to make the full amount of sauce. As I was preparing the dish, hubby said it looked *really* good and suggested we add a little cream. So we decided to taste it as is, before the cream. D-lish! We didn't have cream, but we had a little leftover evaporated milk. It was very decadent. I can see many uses for this, but we ate it all by itself. Although we ate it ALL, I know it will refrigerate well...a good 'make-ahead' and so whenever I need to do something with excess shrooms before they go bad, this recipe is 'it'!!! Thank you! You just made my life (as it pertains to mushrooms, anyway) a whole lot easier! LOL --GinnyReply