MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great vanilla/chocolate cake
- Ready In:
- melted butter
- finely ground breadcrumbs or cake crumbs
- 8 eggs, at room temperature separated
- 18 ounces granulated sugar
- 6 ounces whole milk, at room temperature
- 18 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ounce cocoa powder
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Brush the inside of 2 8-9 cup bundt pans with melted butter and coat with crumbs.
- (you can spray and flour if you must).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whip egg yolks with 9 oz of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and cooled melted butter.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and mix into butter mixture.
- Whip egg whites until foamy.
- Very gradually add remaining 9 oz of sugar and whip just to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold butter/flour mixture into whipped egg whites with a spatula.
- Sift cocoa powder into a bowl and gradually stir in 1/3 of the batter.
- Mix the lemon zest and vanilla into the remaining 2/3 of the batter.
- Spoon 1/4 of the white batter into each of the bundt pans and smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 of the chocolate batter into each of the bundt pans and smooth.
- Spoon remaining white batter equally into each bundt pan.
- Swirll batter in each pan with a knife.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until cakes tests done.
- Cool 20 minutes and unmold onto a rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION