- Ready In:
- 1 boneless beef top round (about 1 pound) or 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- hot cooked rice
- Cut beef in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add bell peppers; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Remove to large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat 30 seconds. Add half of beef mixture to wok; stir-fry until well browned. Remove beef to bowl with bell peppers.
- Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and beef mixture. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Return bell peppers, beef and any accumulated juices to wok; cook until heated through.
- Spoon rice into serving dish; top with beef and vegetable mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 20 something years, with some big plans for next year (God willing), but I dont work. I'm deaf, I love going out, writing, partying whenever I have a time, I'm mom of two little brat ones, I love them so much with all my heart and soul. With all of my hobbies, I am an average gal I guess who obsesses over the Steelers lol.