Thick Pork Chops With Hoisin-Black Bean Sauce
These thick, moist, juicy chops can be marinated any where from 3 to 5 days, so it is a breeze to be so organized. I got this recipe from Bon Appetit, but found that there was way too much sauce needed, so I pared the recipe down and added some extras
- Ready In:
- 72hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups hoisin sauce
- 3⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup black bean garlic sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 6 pork chops, thick cut
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Combine the pork chops in a large zip lock bag and add the sauce. Marinate 3 - 5 days. (The longer the marinade the more tender the chops become).
- Preheat the broiler. Broil until chops are cook through (145 F), about 9 minutes per side. (or grill until the chops are cooked).
- Garlic chili paste could be added to "kick it up" also
- Note: I had changed the recipe around, but if you like a particular sauce, add more of it and less of the others. The marinating time is what makes these so juicy.