The World's Best Cabbage Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is THE BEST. And so simple!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 large savoy cabbage (cored, chopped)
- 4 lbs meaty beef shanks
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter (chopped)
- water (as needed)
- In a large pot layer the cabbage, beef, flour, salt and pepper.
- Cover 3/4 of the way up with water.
- End with the last layer of cabbage.
- Top with butter.
- Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 3 hours.
- Serve with lots of good crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION