Tasty Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
This is another recipe from Diabetic Cooking magazine. A great low fat, low carb version of an old family favorite. 1 serving = 1/2 starch
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons strawberry all-fruit spread (or your favorite all-fruit spread)
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more or until dough is smooth (dough should be very sticky still).
- With oiled hands, roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Press the center of each ball with thumb and fill with 1/4 tsp of strawberry fruit spread.
- Sprinkle cookies with the chopped pecans.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown and lose their shininess.
- Be sure that you don't overbake these cookies or they will be dry.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed everything in the recipe but it was so dry I don't see how it could have formed balls. I think it needs some fat, or extra juice or something. I added an egg, it was very sticky and I had to drop by the spoonful. The first pan I overbaked and the cookies were very dry. The second pan I only baked it for 5 or 6 minutes instead of the 8 required, they we beautiful. Not dry at all. This recipe needs tinkering with but other wise it is very tasty. Thanks for sharing.Reply